Once referred to as the 'money stone' or the 'merchants stone', Ancient Romans believed citrine could bring prosperity to individuals. Today you can find endless articles on the web on how using citrine can help you to manifest your financial success!
Other fun facts:
- Citrine is traditionally given for the 13th wedding anniversary.
- Natural citrine is rare. Most citrine you see in the marketplace is a heat treatment of amethyst or smokey quartz.
- Most citrine comes from Brazil but can also be found in Mexico, Madagascar, Spain, and Africa.
- The name citrine comes from the French word for 'lemon' (citron).
- Ancient Egyptians used citrine as talismans and once believed that citrine can manifest desires and calm tempers.
- Today many people believe citrine encourages happiness, and promotes strength and hope.